Saturday, January 28, 2017

Trying New Recipes

I like to try a new recipe every now and then, lately though I usually change something about the recipe that I think would make it taste better. I have never made a pastie (pasty?) before but thought they sounded good. I found a basic recipe but changed it a little bit; used ground turkey, added dried basil and oregano, and a little bit of cheese. I think next time it needed more herbs and cheese, otherwise it was a little too dry even with dunking the pastie in a condiment such as ketchup or mustard.



This meal actually feed us for a few days, and in the recipe it did say they could be frozen (although might not be a good idea if you added cheese to them).

I also tried a chicken with potatoes and carrots in the slow cooker. The reviews did say that it was a little bland so I added a lot more salt, rosemary, and paprika. I made a error though in adding all that salt, it created a lot of water so much so that all the vegggies were totally submerged under the liquid (some of it in the end didn't taste the greatest). The chicken came out good though, so perhaps I might make the veggies in a different way or use less salt. I forgot to take a after photo, but here is the before.


No comments:

Post a Comment