Sunday, December 6, 2015

The Battle of Pizza Sauces!

I made my first homemade Stromboli the other day, it is like a calzone for those that do not know, but no sauce is put inside it. Normally I make my own homemade pizza sauce but I wasn't in the mood to do that, as there is a lot of leftovers of the sauce.  So, they only had two different brands of pizza sauce at the store, and not knowing which one was better, I figured I would just get a jar of each. We could have our own little taste test. A battle of the sauces!


Normally, I prefer Classico pasta sauce over prego (although I think both are better than Ragu). So I was surprised that we both preferred the Prego pizza sauce over the Classico version. The Classico actually had way too much herbs, so much that I couldn't taste that much of the tomatos. The Stromboli dough that I made was really easy and didn't take too long. I put pepporini, salami, provolone cheese, dried oregano and dried basil in it. We ate half of the Stromboli the first night and had the leftovers yesterday.



No comments:

Post a Comment