Monday, December 7, 2015

Number 19 is the winner!

 


The winner for this Classics Club Spin #11 was number 19! So I will be reading Larkrise to Candleford by Flora Thompson. There is a television series somewhat based on the books (which Larkrise to Candleford is a triology all in one) which is based on her own experiences of being a postmistress in a small village in England during the early 1900's.  I have heard that the book is quite different, I did start to read it a few years ago, but didn't get too far. In regards to the small part I had read of the book previously it was mostly about the description and every day life of the small village but not that much on any dialogue. That doesn't bother me, but like I said since I haven't read that much of it perhaps it changes in time. I do have a somewhat rare copy of this book as my version is a hardback with lovely pictures/paintings in the book. Once I do my review I will perhaps post a picture of it. I am excited about this book and love the television series. 





No comments:

Post a Comment