Thursday, December 25, 2014

Classic Club Survey - Part I

 Here are the first ten answers to the Classic Club Survey, I am doing this in five parts.

  1. Share a link to your club list: http://crafts4others.blogspot.com/p/my-classics-club-list.html
  2. When did you join The Classics Club? How many titles have you read for the club?  Aug. 2012,  finished eight, and currently reading three. I know slow going lately.:)
  3. What are you currently reading? The Age of Innocence, Sense and Sensibility, Jane Eyre.
  4. What did you just finish reading and what did you think of it? The last book I finished wasn't on the classic club list, but the last official club book I finished was Emma and I loved it.
  5. What are you reading next? Why? After finishing the three books I am currently reading, I will probably go back and finish Germinal (I am only a few chapters in).
  6. Best book you’ve read so far with the club, and why? Emma, Oliver Twist,  and Ivanhoe. See my reviews.
  7. Book you most anticipate (or, anticipated) on your club list? There are so many left on my list, so this answer will have quite a list (which include rereads and will not count ones I have already read for the club). The Outsiders, North and South, Wives and Daughters, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Treasure Island, Kidnapped, Little Women, The Memoirs of Gluckel of Hameln, War and Peace, Little Dorritt, Larkrise to Candleford, and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer.
  8. Book on your club list you’ve been avoiding, if any? Why? Actually not a book but a particular author Joseph Conrad. I have been trying to read Heart of Darkness and other short stories but cannot get into it. I have tried multiple times, so I will try one more time, the style of writing is really hard to get into and follow. I also have Lord Jim on my list as well.
  9. First classic you ever read? I think it would be Little House on the Prairie series as a kid, but for the classic club it was Pat of Silverbush by LM Montgomery.
  10. Toughest classic you ever read. So far, which I haven't finished either is Heart of Darkness and War and Peace. As previously stated I can't get into and do not care for the style of writing for Heart of Darkness, in regards to War and Peace it is because of the multiple names for the same person it gets really confusing. I am going to give Heart of Darkness one more time, and in regards to War and Peace I am going to make a cheat sheet of the names as other than that I liked the story of War and Peace (of course I wasn't even a quarter the way through).

No comments:

Post a Comment