Monday, August 11, 2014

Classic Club Spin #7!

Unfortunately, I saw this notice of a new spin early this morning, so I am making a very late post about it. The last few I have participated in I was not able to finish the books. The  books marked with an * are from previous spins that I was unable to finish; because of time, couldn't get through it,etc. The challenge is to read whatever book from my numbered list that the Classic Club picks by October 6.


  1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte*
  2. Walden and Civil Disobedience by Henry David Thoreau*
  3. Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
  4. Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson
  5. The Republic by Plato
  6. Main Street by Sinclair Lewis
  7. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett 
  8. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
  9. The Magican's Nephew by C.S. Lewis
  10. The Railway Children by E. Nesbitt*
  11. Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens
  12. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
  13. North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
  14. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
  15. Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy
  16. Rights of Man by Thomas Paine
  17. Germinal by Zola
  18. My Antonia by Willa Cather
  19. Heart of Darkness and other stories by Joseph Conrad*
  20. Five Little Peppers and How They Grow by Margaret Sidney




2 comments:

  1. I hope you have better luck with this spin.

    You have some wonderful titles on your list...they're worth persisting with :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, I will end up reading Germinal for this spin. I have heard it is pretty good.

    ReplyDelete