Sunday, July 27, 2014

Dear Jane Project

I assume that most quilters have heard of the Dear Jane quilt, if you haven't google at your own risk! An hour can easily be spent looking at all of the beautiful quilts online. Finally, after a few years of seeing everyone else's online and a fellow guild member completing hers, I could never longer resist starting my own.



Below is my first block completed, one down and only 224 more to go! My goal will be one block a week at least. This included cutting out templates and fabric (adding the seam allowance), then finally piecing it all together. Every other block will have tan fabric with then either a variation of red or blue. I still need to square this one up a little bit, then eventually add another 1/2 inch of sashing all around.


No comments:

Post a Comment