Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Whats On Your Plate This Week? 11/12

 
As you can tell I didn't post yesterday, so far this week has been busy, and will be so until about Thursday. So we tried a few new items last week, some winners and some not.
 
Last Week
 
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a lot of pictures, but I do have at least some. I didn't make the Rosemary-Dijon Chicken or the new Herbed Veggie Skillet, those will end up being part of this weeks menu.  
 
Reviews:
Spiced Chicken: This was not a keeper by any means, it was way too sweet, and did not taste good at all. I only took about two or three bites, although my husband did eat about half of a chicken breast.
 
Rustic Italian Tomato Soup: Have you ever started making a recipe,  everything starts to go wrong in the process, and you end up making your own version or at least something completely different? That is what happened with this recipe. Our grocery store didn't have just a frozen bag mixed bell peppers, so I ended up getting one that was just roasted red bell peppers. I put the required ingredients in our food processor, when it started leaking, so much so that it barely had any of the chicken broth or sauce from the can of diced tomato. I apparently had filled it too much. As I wasn't sure how much of the chicken broth was actually left over from the leak, I ended up just guessing when I put everything into the pot. I ended up putting to much basil into the soup, as I used dried instead of fresh, however it was REALLY GOOD. However, did it taste like a Tomato Soup? No, more like Roasted Red Pepper Basil Soup, because of the ingredients I used instead. It was even better a day or two later, as the roasted red pepper taste was more flavorful. This is a very easy soup to make (make sure you don't overfill your food processor like I did!) and would be great to freeze. I do like recipes though, that with just a few changes you have another type of meal. Eventually, I will need to try just the original recipe, if I can find just frozen bag of mixed bell peppers. I ate over half of my soup before I remembered to take a picture.
 
 
 
 
Shepherd's Pie Pictures (From Mama's Table to Mine cookbook)

I made this last night and the few times I have made it is always good. I know it looks like it is mostly just mashed potatoes, but it does have ground turkey, carrots, rosemary, etc.




This Week:

As this week is really busy, I am relying on a few quick meals.We still have some leftovers of the Shepherd's Pie, and frozen leftovers from Potato-Lentil Stew. I didn't make a few meals from my list the previous week or two, as we had quite a bit of leftovers, so I will make them this week. They will be:

What's On Your Plate This Week? Join me in finding new recipes and sharing your thoughts on dishes by using Mister Linky below.


2 comments:

  1. Such kind of food can easily be prepared by using food processor. I am having food processor i will try this recipe for my kid.

    ReplyDelete