Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A to Z Book Survey

I saw this book survey over at Joyful Bookcase blog, and couldn't resist participating.

Author You've Read the Most Books From:

Hmmm...especially from when I was a kid. Lurlene McDaniel, L.M. Montgomery, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Jane Austen, JK Rowling, Alison Weir, Georgette Heyer, Philippa Gregory, Wanda Brunstetter, Jean Plaidy, SE Hinton,Beverly Lewis, just to name a few that I can immediately think of.

 Best Sequel Ever:
 
Too many to think list!
 
Currently Reading:
 
  • Persuasion by Jane Austen
  • A Talent for Trouble by Jen Turano 
  •  War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
Drink of Choice While Reading:
 
I am not picky; tea, coffee with creamer, water, tea, etc.

 E-reader or Physical Book?
 
A real book even though I do have an E-reader. I can always take a regular book with me, and pass it on to family and friends. Most of my friends and family do not have an E-reader.

 
Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
 
I have not a clue, hhmm...this took me a whole to think about, Charlie from The Perks of Being A Wallflower.

Glad You Gave This Book a Chance:
 
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
 
Hidden Gem Book:
 
Born of Persuasion by Jessica Dotta
 
Important Moment in your Reading Life:
 
As a kid pushing myself to learn more words, so that I could understand books I wanted to read (especially books that were more than 100 pages), that were beyond my reading level at the time. I spent a summer working on it, and it was well worth it; loved books even more, a little more confident in my reading skills, and especially in pronouncing words.
 
Finding like minded people who loved books as much as me.
 
Just Finished:
 
The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
 
Kinds of Books You Won't Read:
 
Political
 

Longest Book You've Read:
 
Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix by JK Rowling
 
Major Book Hangover Because Of:
 
War and Peace, trying to keep all of the characters straight!
 
Number of Bookcases You Own:
Two floor to ceiling bookcases, and then two half bookcases. I have books also on a window ledge.
 
One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
 
Only one book? The Outsiders by SE Hinton. Throughout my life of reading this book, depending on what age I was, I would either relate more to Pony or his older brother Darry, then later on seeing both sides.
 
Preferred Place To Read:
 
Anywhere that is quiet and peaceful. Or that I can tune at noise to read.
 

Quote That Inspires You From a Book You've Read:

 
"We ought always to try to influence others for good," LM Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
 
 
Reading Regret:
 
 Great Expectations by Charles Dickens, ugh.
 
Series You Started and Need To Finish:
 
 The Hunger Games
 
Three of Your All-Time Favorite Books:
  •  The Outsiders by SE Hinton
  • Harry Potter series
  • Grapes of Wrath
 Unapologetic Fangirl For:
 
SE Hinton, JK Rowling, Beverly Lewis, Jane Austen
 
Very Excited For This Release More Than All the Others:
 Sequel to Born of Persuasion by Jessica Dotta
 
Worst Bookish Habit:
 
Starting and wanting to read too many books at once.

X Marks the Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
 
The Pioneers by James Fenimore Cooper (I have never read any of his books before)
 
Your Latest Book Purchase:
 
The Far Side of the Sky by Daniel Kalla
 
 Zzz-Snatcher (last book that kept you up way late):
 
Born of Persuasion by Jessica Dotta
 

No comments:

Post a Comment