Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pride and Prejudice Bicentenary Challenge

I saw this challenge over at Austenprose blog, and couldn't pass it up for several reasons. I have a lot of Jane Austen's books on my Classic Club readers, and I had already planned on watching ANY movie that is based on books I read from my classic club list. I have seen and own a few movies based on Jane Austen's works, but GASP I have never read any of her books before. Plus I already own most of the books, but just never gotten around to reading them. So good as time as any to start. My challenge for this though will be short, since I am unsure about how my schedule will be for this year. My level of participation will be Neophyte: 1 – 4 selections. I won't but any time constraints on my list, just that I want to have them completed by the end of the year.

  • Read & watch Pride and Prejudice (I have the Colin Firth version)
  • Read Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange
I think this will be the last of the challenges this year at least for reading. Use the sidebar button to join in on the fun!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I can't wait to get started, and hope that I might even be able to read more as well.

      Delete
  2. Pride and Prejudice is my favorite of her novels with Emma a close second. There are some very good unabridged audiobooks of both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Emma to read in the future as well, but love the 2009 BBC version of it.

      Delete