Monday, October 8, 2012

Pat of Silver Bush Review

I have finally finished reading Pat of Silver Bush by LM Montgomery. I have mixed feelings about the book, first off it took about 100 pages in for me to start enjoying it. The book starts out with Pat being 7 and living with her family in a rural community from Prince Edward Island. Besides her immediate family she has no friends. She believes in fairy tales and such almost until the age of around 12 or so, even after getting a few friends named Jingle and Bets. The latter half of the book was a lot more interesting, as it focuses more on Pat's relationships. There is a sequel to this book called Mistress Pat, but I am unsure if I will read it or not. Although I do want to see what happens to Pat in the end, so perhaps I will.

2 comments:

  1. I always find it difficult when a book takes so long to really get into the flow of reading. Unfortunately, we are not going to love everything! -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that it is easier to finish a book if it grabs our attention right away. Sadly, even though we won't enjoy every book we read, perhaps in our sharing our thoughts about a book someone else will than read it and find pleasure in it.

      Delete